Monday, July 5, 2010

Chris is super duper nice.

I went to Spokes bike shop in Billings this morning, and on the way, Chris, the guy who fit a few of us on our bikes yesterday, called to let me know that Jim was not picking up at the shop. Isang was also super nice and detoured with me, but when we got there, we were disappointed to find out that the shop was closed for the day. Bummer. I called Chris back, and he drove to pick me up and drove me to another bike shop. Alan hung around, but Isang left to start the ride to Hardin. I really appreciated that she came with me. So, Chris spent like 2 hours with me trying to figure out if the 2 saddles at the other bike shop fit. Unfortunately, they were worse than what I'm using now, so I ended up just putting my old seat back on. Struggle. It's ok though because I'll try and find another bike shop in a few days when we get to Rapid City, SD. After all that, Chris led Alan and I to the middle school where the 6 mile climb began. Chris was so incredibly patient and kind. In the end, all I did to my bike was put carbon lube on the seat post, but I guess it's good that I was able to do that.

The ride today was only 55 miles, and once again I had favorable tailwinds. I was by myself with Alan trailing in his van. Not including the climb at the beginning, I averaged 21.2 mph. Yes, the winds were great, and the road was pretty flat with slight inclines.

I'm currently waiting for dinner to be ready, and I'm sitting in my tent. It's drizzling out, and the sound of the rain on the fly is really cool.

Tomorrow the ride is over 100 miles. Struggle. Hopefully my butt will soon get used to my saddle so that it's not as sore.

Love,
Suzanne

(176) "Way to go!" (177) chocolate covered bananas (178) beanie baby collections (179) homemade ice cream (180) wind chimes (181) solving a rubix cube (182) reusable water bottles (183) peppermint patties (184) vitamin water labels (185) picnics (186) watching ants (187) Toy Story (187) brushing my teeth in the morning (188) window gels (189) watching the Bachelorette (190) monopoly money (191) camp fires (192) watercolors (193) running through sprinklers (194) quick transition times (195) Skype (196) Wilbur from Charlotte's Web (197) Wheel of Fortune's colorful wheel (198) comfort and joy (199) ice cream socials (200) the Fit Kit System

-UPDATE-

Dinner was awesome! Beyond Basil catered again- steak, trout, potatoes, edamame, local grain salad, watermelon, strawberries, artichoke dip, pita, homemade strawberry ice cream, mango sorbet! Yum! And there's a charity ice cream social in an hour by the Rainbow girls!

Annnnd there's TV, so I can watch the Bachelorette! Yesss!

1 comment:

  1. you guys get fed so well. 0.0 Haha, you deserve it though after all that biking and fundraising.

    here's to hoping you survive the 100 mile ride

    ReplyDelete