Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Spotted Horse, WY

Today we went through Spotted Hoerse, WY. It has a population of 2 according to the sign. There was another town that we went through that has a population of 25. There were 3 guys working on a roof, so I got to see over 10% of the population!

This was the longest day in mileage for the entire trip. 112 miles. I woke up to my tent sopping wet from condensation. Struggle. We had breakfast at 5:30, and then began the epic adventure. Actually, it wasn't too bad. It was cold initially, around 44 degrees. It warmed up throughout the day but it stayed pretty pleasant. I got to see some antelope and deer and of course more cows and horses. George even decided to eat some bugs off of the wall at some rest stop. Apparently they're a delicacy. I decided to pass. There were lots and lots of rolling hills, and Kristin beasted it today! Sue and I did our best to keep up but ultimately let her go so that we could wait up for the boys- Timmy, Tim, George, and Izzy. Oh, and I will update yesterday's ride later, but just so everyone knows. Izzy proposed to me yesterday at K-Mart after buying the 299 ring. Haha, you can guess where the decimal goes. It was pretty classy. We're supposed to tie the knot in Rapid City in a few days. Oh, talk about struggle. :p.

My butt is super sore, and my knee has started to bother me. I tend to grind rather than spin, so it's hard on my knees. I got a knee brace at K-Mart, and it actually helped a lot. I've also been having lower back pain, and the icy hot pads I got also did wonders.

I got into camp mid afternoon. I think around 3. It would seem like I have plenty of time to update, but somehow I always just seem to be busy or just resting. We're camping in a playground park, so we had to do the motel showers again. I finally had access to outlets so that I could charge all my electronics. It's crazy how much I depend on it! My camera battery was dead; my phone was dead; my gps watch was dead; and my iPad was dying. Struggle. On the way back to my tent, I walked by a nail salon and decided to have my fingers repainted. I was going to go with neon green and glitter, but I ended up picking bright red, I think it will compliment my lovely blue engagement ring quite nicely. I went over to subway to get dinner, and end up crashing guy time- Tim, Izzy, Chacko, and Sam.

After dinner, we got soft serve ice cream from a truck. It's Kristin's birthday tomorrow, so Izzy and I went to go get her some birthday rests. We stopped in starbucks to use the restroom and bumped into Andy. He was uploading his YouTube videos. I don't know the link offhand, but I'll definitely be posting it soon. I left Izzy at Starbucks and went to the grocery to buy donuts, candles, a balloon, and card. I brought the stuff back to Starbuks, and seriously, 5 minutes later, Timmy and Kristin walked in. She saw it all. Struggle. Oh well, it's the thought that counts. There's still at least one more birthday during this trip. Maybe I'll be sneakier next time,

I'm pooped and have a lot of blogging to catch up on...especially the things that make me happy. We'll be in Rapid City for a rest day before I know it. It'll be a good chance to catch up on stuff. Even though I get to sleep in tomorrow (breakfast is at 7), I'm off to bed.

Good night!
Suzanne

(201) made-up new words (202) peach fuzz (203) bagel bites (204) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (205) getting a really good haircut (206) freed samples (207) knowing the answer (208) not knowing the answer (209) going to a really good concert (210) silver (211) trampolines (212) tax returns (213) hot springs in the winter (214) pretending that willow trees are hotels (215) riding bikes downhills (216) counting down on New Year's Eve (217) making cardboard box forts (218) split-second thrills (219) oatmeal (220) great life choices (221) gratefulness (222) grace (223) color photocopies (224) gum that doesn't lose its flavor (225) not worrying about having what everyone else has

No comments:

Post a Comment