Friday, July 2, 2010

Pink Day!

Today is pink day! Pink jersey, pink stripe on shorts, pink arm warmers, pink sun glasses, pink bar tape, pink toenails, pink sports bra, and pink rain pants for hail storm. Yes, a hail storm. With hail the size of golf balls. Luckily, we were all done with the ride and were able to take shelter in our tents or under a shed. I'm currently stealing wifi from a motel that we're showering at, so I'll update tomorrow. We're riding 97 miles to Billings, MT and then will have a rest day, so I will update more tomorrow.

But really quickly, we biked just over 100 miles today from Townsend, MT to Harlowton, MT. The first 85 miles were pretty awesome with a great tail wind and a nice 12 mile climb at the beginning. But at mile 85, there was atrocious headwind/crosswind...it was soooooo bad! More to come tomorrow! Get excited!

Much love,
Suzanne

-UPDATE-

I really shouldn't wait to update this because all the days become a blur. The beginning of the ride was a a 12 mile climb, but it was very gradual. After the climb, I rode most of the rest of the ride with Timmy, Kristin, Izzy, Isang, George, and Sue. The tailwind was amazing, and we were coasting at like 30 mph. One of the rest stops was at a little bar at Checkerboard Inn. There was over $2,000 worth of signed dollar bills on the ceiling, and I contributed to the decor. After the rest stop, it was pretty smooth sailing until mile 85 when there was super strong sidewind. We waited up for Chacko, Isang, and Andy and created a long pace line moving at the pace of a snail. Struggle. The line didn't really even help because the wind was sideways. It was good to keep me moving though or else I probably would have just sat in a ditch to wait for the storm to pass. I didn't have a jacket or arm warmers with me, so I was freezing cold in my sleeveless pink jersey. It started to rain, and I was so afraid that it was going to start hailing as well. I was about to pull over, but then Izzy let me wear his jacket, which helped a lot. After pedaling at like negative 5 miles an hour, we made it into Harlowton! We stopped at an ice cream and coffee shop, and I got some hot chocolate and a scone! Just what I needed after a 15 mile struggle.

Isang, Izzy, Kristin, Timmy, and I went to jailhouse pizza for dinner, and we camped in the football field. I was considering the option of sleeping in the motel that we used for showering, but it was sooooo gross and smelly. It was a great decision because I slept like a baby.

(101) cliff blocks (102) James Avery (103) looking for animals in clouds (104) crisscrosses (105) laughing (106) homemade jelly (107) ore cows (108) crisp and clean air (109) keyless entry systems (110) allowing extra time (111) throwing coins in wishing wells (112) pipe cleaners (113) cream of wheat (114) caramel apples from the fair (115) cutie oranges (116) om nom mix (117) iced americanos (118) backpacking (119) cinnamon on bananas (120) isosceles trapezoids (121) wintergreen lifesavers (122) fluffy pillows (123) doodlebugs (124) club soda (125) playing dodgeball in the cull-de-sac

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having so much fun. Can't wait to hear more! I'm going up to the NOC Sunday and Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne! I was reading some of your past entries. you are so beast!

    ReplyDelete