Thursday, July 1, 2010

No Hannah in Montana

Izzy brought to my attention that he has not seen Hannah Montana in Montana. Sad day. What's even sadder is that 12 miles from our end location, I stopped at a gas station convenience store to use the bathroom and buy stamps, and I met a guy who told me that I was going to see a bunch of elk or maybe he said antelope on my way to Townsend. All I know is that I was super excited to see big animals. To my disappointment, all I saw were more cows and horses.

This morning we got to sleep in a little- breakfast was at 6:30. Then we made the 11 mile climb to the continental divide, which will be our highest point during the trip. We stopped and took lots of pictures and then began the 12 mile descent into Helena. I found the random bike shop that I mailed the iPad camera connecetor kit to, but I still can't figure out how to post the pictures on this blog. I also went to the grocery to pick up a few things that I forgot to bring with me. Then I went to the state Capitol with Amy, Evonne, Deidre, Chacko, Tim, and Sam.

After a little exploring, we began the remaining 30 miles to Townsend. Today was a much shorter day than yesterday. We went just over 60 miles from Avon, MT to Townsend, MT, and I actually felt really good. I've done everything I can think of to ease the soreness- compression tights, biofreeze, aleve, the stick, foam roller, massage, you name it and I've probably done it. The problem is that everyone keeps telling me that the third day is the worst. I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.

I spilt off from my group after a few miles because I figure that the slower I ride, the longer my butt is in the saddle. I also thought that everyone else was ahead of me since my group was last to leave the check point. Well, it turns out a bunch of people took a tour of the governor's office, so I was actually ahead of them. So, I was the first person to camp. Whoops. Hopefully I'll get used to my saddle soon so that I can hang with more people. This is a great group of people, and I look forward to getting to know everyone better.

We had sandwiches and salad and chips and watermelon and lemonade for dinner. Then we went to the town general store for ice cream. It was a real general store- ice cream, movies, video games, tanning, mini home depot, mini radio shack...you name it, they've got it!

I'm uploading pictures to Facebook if you're interested! :)

Wishing for a good third day,
Suzanne

(76) pink lemonade (77) Dr. Seuss books (78) the glass half full (79) inflatable armies (80) visiting a farm to see new baby animals (81) blowing bubble gum bubbles (82) camp fires (83) rainbows apologizing for angry skies (84) miniature golf (85) dots and dashes (86) the bunny rabbit in the moon (86) crocheting (87) spiral shoe laces (88) the aurora borealis (89) sleeping during a thunderstorm (90) peanut butter (91) yoga (92) making lists about things that make me happy (93) repeating myself (94) running in the rain (95) hot tubs in the snow (96) monster cookies (97) loco pops (98) Durham farmer's market (99) carving pumpkins (100) tie dye

No comments:

Post a Comment