Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, America! And it's my birthday too! I'm 21. Eeeek! I'm getting old!

So, my birthday was pretty lame by most people's standards...

Isang and I got up at 6:45 and walked to Perkins for breakfast. Then we went to the grocery, and it was really strange walking by the beer knowing that I could purchase it. Then I went to church, cleaned my bike, and then spent 5 hours at a bike fit by Chris, who is the founder of Fit Kit Systems. It turns out that my bike is the perfect size except that I should put arch supports in my shoes and switch out my ism adamo seat. I was able to get the inserts today, but I'm going to the bike shop tomorrow to get a new Seat. I'll have to start the ride late, but luckily it's only a 55 mile day. While I was waiting for Izzy to get fitted on his bike, I went to Wal-Mart to get a duffel bag to replace my oversized ziploc bag that's ripping,

Brad ordered pizza for dinner, and unfortunately we couldn't see the fireworks from the dorm. I went up and started packing up my clean laundry from yesterday, and Izzy and Isang carried my in my new duffel to Timmy's room. He took a video so maybe it'll end up on facebook eventually.

That was basically my day in a nutshell. Not really all that exciting, but I'm so glad to be on this ride with such great people. I also really appreciate all the calls, texts, emails, and facebook posts from family and friends. I'm one lucky girl!

(151) birthdays (152) clean hair (153) walking barefoot through newly cut grass (154) fruit punch accelerade (155) compression sacks (156) first day of school outfit (157) bagels and cream cheese (158) free wifi (159) the butterfly effect (160) the bottom line (161) raw brownie batter (162) children singing (163) cabooses (164) balancing on one foot (165) changing seasons (166) community gardens (167) pretzels dipped in frosting (168) my red car with yellow flowers (169) hot tamales (170) not smelling skunks (171) weddings (172) adventure runs (173) rainbow sprinkles (174) ignorance being bliss (175) mood rings

No comments:

Post a Comment