Thursday, July 8, 2010

Two flats...

Today we biked 75.8 miles from Gillette, WY to Newcastle, WY. We had Kristin's birthday donuts for breakfast, and then Tim, Timmy, Izzy, Kristin, George, Sue, and I rolled out of camp. We successfully made it to the first rest stop, and then on the way to lunch at mile 47, I got my first flat! Izzy and Tim were great, and they held back and basically changed my tires for me.

We stopped in Upton, WY for lunch. PB&J, of course. There was also a little convenience store so I got Bugles and Air Heads to bring me back to my childhood years. I think we were all feeling yesterday's long ride, so we stopped for an extra long amount of time. I actually stayed back even longer so that I could ride with Isang. She met her sister in Gillette, so she started the ride a little later than everyone else. We took it easy into Newcastle and had an 8 mile surprise of construction and bumpy road. We were basically riding on a rumble strip. We survived...although my front tire got a slow leak. I didn't realize it until we were right outside a little diner in Newcastle. Isang went inside while I changed my tire. I did it all by myself! My loverly manicure from yesterday got a little chipped, but it was totally worth it. I changed a flat by myself!

On our way to camp, we saw 2 deer successfully cross the street! Then we stopped at the grocery to get some nutella for Kristin and some over stuff. We were only less than half a mile from camp by this point, so we just coasted on in. After the ride, i went for a short 2 mile or wo run. It was super slow, but hopefully i'll get back into it soon,

We're staying at a Senior Center, and we get to sleep inside! They served us Alfredo and baked potatoes and cole slaw and bread and broccoli cauliflower salad and cookies and chocolate milk for dinner. And once again, I'm pooped. It was a long day.

(226) things that stand the test of time (227) stud earrings (228) buying new school supplies (229) no such thing as a stupid (230) looking through old yearbooks (231) icy hot cream (232) rock climbing (233) prairie dogs (234) astronaut ice cream (235) making friendship bracelets (236) free t-shirts (237) following directions (238) quaint coffee shops (239) meeting new people (240) spring skiing (241) down winter jackets (242) unusual toilet seats (243) 'Where's George" dollar bills (244) blueberry picking (245) little luxuries (246) flip flops (247) making bread from scratch (248) hot air balloons (249) tea time (250) outdoors spilling inside

No comments:

Post a Comment