Monday, July 19, 2010

Go, horsey, go!

As I was riding to the student activities center to go for a swim, there was a little girl riding her pink bike on the sidewalk and exclaiming, "Go, horsey, go!" It brought a huge smile to my face, and it reminded me to just have fun. Sometimes I take life too seriously.

Anyway, at dinner I mentioned that I don't really remember today, and I really don't. It was a strange day. I mostly rode by myself slash was see-sawing with the Kristin, Timmy, Mike, Mark, and Brad chain in the morning and kind of with Sue, George, and Izzy from the first check point to lunch. I prefer to be by myself, especially since the roads are getting busier and faster. I think I mentioned this before, but I also don't really like staring at a back tire all day.

After lunch, I continued on my way to the check point just before the 2000 mile mark. And guess what?! I got another flat just before the 2000 mile spray paint. Struggle. Two flats two days in a row! I'm up to four flats this trip. This time the flat was from a staple/pin in my back tire. I have a feeling that I was riding on the flat for a good while since it was a slow leak. Since I was so close to the last check point, i decided to bike back ton use a real pump. I'm lazy and have a hard time getting my tire pressure above 60 with the hand pump.

So, I pumped up my tire and continued on my way for the last 20 or so miles. I actually got to cross the 2000 mile mark, and then the rest of the ride went pretty smoothly with some great downhills. Oh, I forgot to mention that in the process of chancing my flat, I had lost me cue sheet. Izzy was at the check point when I was pumping up my tire, so he let me have his. Anyway, since I'm so bad at following cue sheets, I was worried that I was not supposed to be going down then hills, and I was worried that I might have to ride back up if I were going the wrong way. Haha, struggle.

We're spending the night in the Winona State University dorms. I went for a nice little swim with Todd, and I was also able to get a pin at the University Bookstore. Fantastic.

Time to watch the Bachelorette! Last night in Minnesota!

Much love,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment