Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So excited...!

I'm so excited to see my parents and Cilla tomorrow! I was planning on cruising through the 100 miles into Madison tomorrow, but I had the misfortune of falling off my bike. And not only falling but skidding along the pavement on my left side. Fantastic. It's not too bad...hopefully. I got some nice road rash. I think it will add to my tan lines rather nicely. :). I stopped at Walgreens on the way into camp, and I got $30 worth of neosporin and bandaids, including Disney princess ones just for smiles. I think/hope it's safe to say that I will only be battling soreness and not infection.

Today started out great! This adorable family 18 miles into the ride provided snacks and just plain amazing hospitality. There was a beautiful garden, a quaint home from the early 1900s, and amazingly delicious food. The Myers of Dakota, MN have 11 kids and have been hosting the Big Riders for at least 10 years now, and they have scrapbooks to show for it. They even had pre-printed pictures of each of to sign to add to their books. So cute!

10 miles later we left Minnesota and entered Wisconsin. And then we crossed the Mississippi River and saw the world's largest six pack and went into the gorgeous country side and climbed a 1.5 mile hill/beast at negative speeds and had an insane descent and lots of rolling hills and Amish country and lots of fun! I was by myself for most of that, but then I was with Tim and Izzy. We were riding pretty fast, and I was zoning out just looking around. Then, all I saw was the ground. I clipped the back of Izzy's wheel, and I wiped out. I'm alright, but the rest day in two days will probably be much appreciated.

We had a food eating triathlon at camp- one pound of cheese, a half gallon of chocolate milk, and a half gallon of ice cream relay. The teams were Todd, Chacko, and Sam versus Tim, Andy, and Jeremy. I don't think either team ended up winning, but the first team mentioned finished first. Sam beasted the ice cream! It was amazing! The second team didn't finish, but the rule was that you had to keep everything down for 10 minutes after the finish. Chacko unfortunately was not able to keep the chocolate milk down. Look on YouTube.com/AndrewFersch for footage of the competition.

I'm now at a cute little coop grocery and using their wifi. Isang shared some of her Sambazon coupons with me, so I got a drink and am just chilling. I called Isang to let her know that they have the drinks here, and apparently Andy's bike was run over by a truck. Bad news bears! So, I think it's fair to say that today was a weird day. Let's hope we all safely and smoothly make it to Madison for our much deserved rest day.

Love from WI,
Suzanne

3 comments:

  1. I hope you made it to Madison, Suzanne! Sorry to hear about the injury. Praying that you are feeling better now. :) It's so cool to check out your progress here. You rock for biking across the country!! Seriously, you're such rockstar. :D What a cool summer!

    <3 Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the crash, I hope it doesn't hurt much and that the rest day helps. When you get there. Megan M. of the Adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha the way you wrote the first sentence is really funny, even though it's about falling off your bike.

    anyway, i'm really jealous of your cheese, chocolate milk and ice cream. all of that stuff here is prohibitively expensive ...

    ReplyDelete