Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Short day...

Since when is 70 miles short? Well, since it was a rather short day, it seemed like everyone was just taking their own sweet time. Breakfast was provided by Parks and Rec again, but they only had one griddle making pancakes. Struggle. Needless to say, I didn't get enough to eat. I really cant believe how much i eat these days. Once this ride is over, i'm going to have a hard time refraining from eating everything and and anything in sight.

We crossed into Ohio, but there wasn't a sign. :(. I was able to get some more food and refill on water. Chacko and I rode together to the next check point for lunch. I entertained him by singing 'Miss Suzy had a steamboat' and 'Down by the Bay.'. On the way to lunch, I stopped at a regional airport to try and get a wings pin. There wasn't anyone there. So I went next door to Airstream, but it turns out that it was a doctor's office. Whoops.

After lunch, I finished the last 20 miles on my own. Sue, George, and Brad caught up to me just before town, so I joined them for burgers and drinks. I got a cheeseburger at Spenglers, and it was just what needed after an inadequate breakfast.

After lunch number two, Brad and I set out to go find postcards and pins. First we went to Wal-Mart, then Rite Aid, then the grocery, and then the post office. Fail. I went off on my own, and I found a butterfly pin at a Christian bookstore. I bought it just because I was so happy to find pin. The lady told me that the Apothecary would have Ohio postcards. Well, poop...that was all the way back towards Wal-Mart. I was determined to get a postcard, and Brad sends them to his 3 year old granddaughter, so I decided it was worth the trip.

Not only did I find a postcard for $1.50, but i also got an Ohio State pin and a pin of a Wildcat, which is the town high school's mascot. Success. I decided to make one last stop at the courthouse downtown before heading to camp. On the way, I bumped into a radio broadcaster who interviewed me about the ride. What a struggle. I probably sounded retarded.

Anyway, he told me that the Chamber of Commerce a few doors down had postcards. So, I went in a low and behold, they have a nice selection! They even had antique ones of the town for $1. That totally beats the $1.50 I paid for the lame one at the Apothecary. Oh, well.

On the way to camp, I ran into Isang, Kristin, and Timmy. I told Isang about the Ohio State pin, so she and Timmy went to the Apothecary for that. Kristin and I went to camp. Less than half a mile from camp, Kristin got a flat. Bummer! She just filled it with a CO2 cartridge and changed it once we got to the fairgrounds for camp.

I finally got to shower. I rode in tri shorts today, and they were surprisingly comfortable.

Tomorrow we're head to Sandusky, and it's supposed to be the flattest ride of the trip.

Love from Ohio,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment