Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Madison, here I come!

Update 7/24

Since I'm updating 4 days late, I think I'm going to resort to bullet points for the sake of time and my memory...or I guess more like lack thereof.

Today we rode 100 miles into Madison.

The first 55 went by pretty quickly, and lunch was at a farmer's market/petting zoo/playground/garage sale/sand box/really strange. I was a little sore from my spill, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The worst part is stopping and then my knee gets crusty. Yeah, gross...I know.

There was an optional stop at the Frank Lloyd Wright center. I was going to atop uteri until I found out it was 2-3 miles off route. So I stopped at a gift shop on Spring Creek and got a postcard. I figured it was a good enough alternative.

I caught up to Chacko and Isang, and we stopped at a cute little burger place for burgers, shakes, and root beer floats.

The last 15 miles or so into Madison were quite hilly, and the construction in Madison threw us off course. We got lost for a little while, but I think everyone did.

Sue's husband brought pizza, beer, and water for us, which was a nice little surprise after a long day. I called my parents, and they were on their way! :)

My parents came and brought me to the hotel to shower. My mom brought two unexpected and fabulous surprise! My blanket and American Girl pin collection. Haha, they probably make no sense to my blog readers, but it was fantastic!

After my shower, we went downtown for dinner. We went to a hibachi place that the guy at the front desk recommended. There was also a Beatles cover band at the capitol that we stopped by for a little while. Apparently it's the biggest concert of the summer for Madison. I don't know if the Beatles were Wally all that great, but boy were there a lot of people! It was packed! It was a lot of fun to people watch, and i decided that I loll the midwest...or at least Madison. The people are so normal. I don't really know how to explain it. They're just plain and normal. It's great.


After a little adventure trying to find the parking garage and walking in a million large circles, we went back to the hotel to just chill. It had been a long day. I crashed at like 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment