Thursday, July 29, 2010

The ultimate struggle.

So, today was the ultimate struggle. My alarm went off, and I did not want to move. I finally mustered enough energy to get up and dig out my head lamp. I packed up, went to the bathroom to apply my bandaids and chamois cream, ate breakfast, put on my sunscreen, and rolled out.

I felt horrible. Luckily I was by myself because I just had to stop, and the all my breakfast came up. Great. I hopped back on, and I kept going slowly. My head was killing me; I felt dizzy; and my knee bandaid kept falling off. I stopped to reapply my bandaid tape, and brad, Sue, Kristin, George, and Janet came by. I hopped on and followed them. I could barely focus and keep going straight. I finally asked Janet if she had any aspirin. She did! :). We pulled aside, and she got it out for me. We continued slowly, and then Kristin pulled up from behind. She had stopped to take a picture of Lake Eerie, which we were riding along. I followed her into the first check point around 27 miles. If she were not in front of me, I would have just pulled over to the side to sit in someone's front lawn. What a struggle.

I sat down, and just didn't want to get up. My head was killing me, and I felt so dizzy. After having a little breakdown and talking with my mom, I decided it would be best to just be sagged into camp. I ended up going to the ER wanted to have some blood work done just because my diabetes insipidus is still new to me, and I really don't handle he heat well. They ended up hooking my up to an IV, and my blood showed that my sodium was low and that I was a little anemic. They also gave me an anti nausea medicine thought the IV, which helped but my stomach still hurt when I left.

Isang stayed with me in the room because she had to go for a little accident. She and Chacko were taking a picture in front of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and Chacko couldn't clip out. He fell on top of Isang, and her chain ring dug into her calf. She wanted it cleaned out so that it wouldn't get infected.

Frank drove us both back to camp, and the. He dropped me off at the Red Maple Inn. I'm cheating at not camping on my rest day. But boy am I glad I didn't have to set up my tent and deal with bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment